A ca. 1920 interior view of the RISD Library in the Waterman Building, 13 Waterman Street, Providence, RI, in what is now the Edna W. Lawrence Room of RISD's Nature Lab. The library moved into this room from a smaller space in the same building in 1909 and then moved to what we now call the "Old Library" in the College Building, at 2 College Street, in 1937. Since 2006, the RISD library, now Fleet Library at RISD, has been housed in the former Rhode Island Hospital Trust Building at 15 Westminster Street, known, since 2008, as the Roger Mandle Building.
RISD archive, RISD Campus Buildings and Open Spaces, building, architecture, city planning